The campus, “SARABHAI INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY” is at VELLANAD, a rustic village in the outskirts of Thiruvananthapuram city, 20 km from Central Railway station and 25 km from Airport. A vast stretch of land comprising about 25 acres forms the campus having all the prime infrastructural facilities including class rooms, workshops, hostels, canteen, libraries, fully-equipped labs, broadband internet connection, playgrounds etc. With its scenic beauty and virgin surroundings, this typical location gives the right ambiance for this prestigious institution.
- Sarabhai Institute of Science and Technology is managed by highly/ technically qualified, experienced and research oriented members of Space Engineers’ Welfare Society of ISRO.
- An Institution having “NO CAPITATION FEE ” and having admission strictly on Merit in +2 and Rank in entrance examination + Interview.
- ‘Siksha Bharati Puraskar’ was awarded to the institution for its transparency, novelty, etc.
- Maximum number of Scholarships / Fee concessions, etc. is offered by the institution to the deserving B.P. L or low income group.
- An Institution which has well equipped laboratories, workshops and computer center s. Recognized as nodal point for other institutions approved by National Informatics center , Govt. of India.
- A Research center exists for the collabCAD project work of students, innovative studies and design of products of day to day life.
- An Institution which runs the Tele-Education and Tele-Medicine programmes through Village Resource center s (VRC’s) at remote villages of Wayanad, etc. with the collaboration of Planning Board of Govt. of Kerala.
- An Institution which plans to take up the leading role of a satellite fabrication for the 2011-12 launching of PSLV.
- Maximum number of students were placed in 2010.
- The entire infrastructure of the Institution is built in a scenic hill with Eco-friendly nature and environment.