The Department of Electronics and Communication is one of the first constituents of this college. From the very inception, this department has established itself as an efficient, self reliant and quality conscious entity with the sole aim of producing the most energetic, enthusiastic and professionally competent Electronic Engineers with ability to take up the challenges posed to them.
To fulfill this dream, the department is manned by a group of well qualified, conscientious and dedicated faculty and technical staff. The salient aspects of the department such as facilities available, achievements , students forum etc are brought out in the succeeding sections.
Electronics & Communication Engineering deals with the electronic devices, circuits, communication equipments like transmitter, receiver, integrated circuits (IC). It also deals with basic electronics, analog and digital transmission & reception of data, voice and video (Example AM, FM, DTH), microprocessors, satellite communication, microwave engineering, antennae and wave progression. It aims to deepen the knowledge and skills of the students on the basic concepts and theories that will equip them in their professional work involving analysis, systems implementation, operation, production, and maintenance of the various applications in the field of Electronics and Communications Engineering.
The mission of the ECE Department is to provide education for those students who are able to compete internationally, able to produce creative solutions to the society’s needs, conscious to the universal moral values, adherent to the professional ethical code, and to generate and disseminate knowledge and technologies essential to the local and global needs in the field of electronics and communication engineering.
The vision of the ECE Department is to become a nationally and internationally leading institution of higher learning, building upon the culture and the values of universal science and contemporary education, and a center of research and education generating the knowledge and the technologies which lay the groundwork in shaping the future in the fields of electronics and communication engineering.
The educational objectives of the Programs of the ECE Department are to graduate individuals:
- Having strong background in basic science and basic mathematics and able to use these tools in their own engineering field.
- Able to pinpoint and define engineering problems in the fields of electronics and communication engineering.
- Able to employ necessary techniques, hardware, and communication tools for modern engineering applications.
- Able to solve problems through analytical thinking in their own or related fields.
- Able to work in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Able to follow and contribute to the developments in their own field recognizing the significance of lifelong learning.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Having strong ethical and professional responsibility and adhering to quality.
- Able to take individual responsibility and to work as a part of a team.
Two M.Tech courses as indicated below have been sanctioned to this Institute by CUSAT
1) M.Tech – Optoelectronics and Communication
2) M.Tech – Signal Processing
The M.Tech Classes have commenced from 16 Jan 2013.